An Honest Review of LG LP1414GXR Portable Air Conditioner
For the 14,000 BTU series, I like this LG LP1414GXR 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner with LCD Remote Control. It’s ideal for room to room, room to house or house to work use, provided the area covers 600 square feet. It also has a built-in dehumidifier with 3.4 pints per hour capability.
Its portability and the remote control increase the electronics efficiency. This air conditioner has minimal noise, only 51 sound decibels. Although I hear it running from the background, the noise is acceptable. The sound comes from the moving parts of this electronic machine.
This product is best for me because I do not have high ceilings and the windows are relatively small. Usually, AC units do not work efficiently in well ventilated rooms. Portable AC is generally designed with a single or dual hose mechanism. The majority of users prefer the dual. They are more efficient than the single hose, which often requires interior air to cool its compressor. The dual design uses a vent loop to collect cooling air from the outer surroundings. However, my LG LP1414GXR model is a single hose, but its efficiency is quite high.
The compactness of this LG air conditioner guarantees portability. The main accessories included in the packaging box are a remote, user manual and the power connection cables. The manual is availed in English and Spanish and the sizes are 21,599K for English version and 15,556K for the Spanish version. According to the user manuals, you get a 1 year warranty for the product. I did not have previous experience with the product, yet I executed installation procedure effectively and found it easy enough. But, if you don’t have a good know-how about setting up home appliances, make sure that when you order, inquire for already assembled models.
The specifications include:
- It measures 13 x 18.5 x 33.3 inches in width, depth and height respectively
- Shipping dimensions are 19.37″ x 34.65″ x 18.43″ (W x H x D).
- Its net weight is 71.7lbs while shipping weight is 84lbs.
- The vent loop, also the exhaust is 1.5m.
- The display panel is LED.
- Dehumidifier can operate at a rate of 3.4 pints per hour.
- Has a Thermostat Control.
- Includes control buttons and a remote control.
- Features an Auto Restart capability.
- The Air Filters are washable.
- 3 cooling fans speed.
Considering that the LG LP1414GXR model is a single hose AC unit, it surpasses its competitors in terms of performance and reliability. I like how I can adapt to this model compared to the dual hose AC units.
- Modern-day design – quite compact
- Minimal operation noise
- Effective energy efficiency and cooling power
- Highly portable
- The single hose design might not be suitable for all users.
If you own a small home or office settings, this LG portable air conditioner is perfect for your everyday requirements. The price is average. The 14,000 BTU model, which is portable and easy to install, I got a fair share for my money.